Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
A two-day course for first line managers who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
The course provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues as well as an understanding of the legal responsibilities relevant to work activities. SSSTS is an ideal introduction for those supervisors who have had some or little previous health and safety training. The course can be undertaken as a precursor to the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
Intended to give site supervisors a clear understanding of how health and safety affects their role, what is expected of them and the practical steps they can take to ensure a safe site.
The course is designed to engage delegates through group discussions, exercises and sharing best practice. Course information is reinforced through case studies.
Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate
Progression to SMSTS course
The delegates are assessed on a continual basis, leading to a final exam
- The Health & Safety at Work Act and relevant regulations
- Health and welfare
- Developing a health and safety management system
- Occupational health
- Fire prevention and control
- Risk assessments
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Hazardous substances (COSHH)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Manual handling
- Specific site issues (e.g. working at height, demolition, excavation, scaffolding, electricity, confined spaces)
- Toolbox talks
- Management of contractors